Feniex Hammer: Wiring Help
Here’s how to wire the Feniex Hammer Siren:
- Black wire: Ground (Connect to vehicle ground or negative battery terminal).
- Red wire: Battery (Connect to positive battery terminal).
- Yellow wire: Mode 1 (Connect to switch/controller).
- Brown wire: Mode 2 (Connect to switch/controller).
- White wire: Park Kill (Connect to switch/controller or park kill signal from vehicle).
- Green wire: Speaker. (Connect to speaker output from siren amplifier).
- Gray wire: Speaker. (Connect to speaker output from siren amplifier).
- Blue wire: Tone select (Momentary switch).
1) Connect the red 12v+ wire to the positive terminal of the vehicle's battery. Ground the 12v- black wire or connect it to the 12v- terminal of the vehicle's battery.
2) Connect the yellow wire for mode 1 and brown wire for mode 2 to individual latching switches. 3) This unit can function as a standalone speaker utilizing internal tones or it can utilize tones from an external siren:
3a) If connecting to an external siren, connect the green wire & gray wires to the speaker output wires from the siren amplifier. These connections are not polarity dependant.
3b) If utilizing the internal siren tones, simply apply power to the yellow wire for mode 1 or brown wire for mode 2 to activate the selected tone.
1) To use tones from an existing, remote siren, first activate your remote siren and then activate mode 1 or mode 2 on the Hammer and it will rebroadcast the remote siren's tones in low frequency mode.
2) To use the internal tones of the Hammer without the use of an external siren, simply activate mode 1 or mode 2.
Note: If the Hammer is connected to an external siren amplifier and it detects an active siren tone, it will always override the internal tones on the Hammer. This behavior will occur in both mode 1 and mode 2.
Change Siren Tones:
1.) Connect the Siren to the battery, attaching the red 12v+ wire to the positive terminal of the vehicle's battery. Ground the black wire or connect it to the 12v- terminal of the vehicle's battery.
2.) Connect the mode wire you would like to program to the positive terminal of the vehicle's battery.
3.) Momentarily tap the Tone Changer wire (blue) to the positive terminal to change tones.
Warning! The Hammer low frequency siren is loud and can be dangerous to hearing. Wear protective wear like ear plugs when listening to the device.